News You Can Use!
NEWS YOU CAN USE!
- Van Ratios Hit an All-Time High during the week of Dec 24 – 30 – This urgency to move freight before the end of the year, combined with the frigid weather and tight capacity due to both the holiday and the recently initiated ELD mandate meant that it cost more to move those loads last week.
- Load-to-truck ratios surged, setting a new all-time record-high of 12.2 loads per truck for vans.
- Spot rates also reached historic highs: The national average van rate rose 2
We do our homework at Go123
- We use our GGI (God Given Intelligence) before rating our customers.
- We cross reference several markets which we pay heavy fees to be a member with to develop the best price for our customers.
- We study resources like Inbound Logistics for logistics and supply chain articles for news and tools to prepare for the long haul!
More News You Can Use!
More News You Can Use
…more NEWS YOU CAN USE!
What can this technology offer in the freight shipping industry?
- Visibility – now consumers can shop for better quotes and hold their shipping agents accountable for high prices, they can utilize the internet to shop for better prices
- Tracking – with GPS enabled date and location services, the customer and dispatch team can track delivery times with precise details
- Multitasking – fuel cost would be cut since fleet routes can be optimized with monitored traffic status allowing more loads to be added along certain routes, with enhanced location data and last minute pick-up & add-on availability
- Speedier Service and Less Pit Stops – Sensor-equipped trucks and GPS technology enable further supply chain productivity. This technology alerts corporate maintenance facilities when trucks need service for their brakes, tires, oil or any other critical systems. When maintenance crews get this information in advance – truck companies can avoid the extra expense of road repairs and delays of freight due to unexpected break-downs
- Enhanced Data Accessibility – fleet managers and drivers alike can save fuel and drive more efficiently with more knowledge thanks to the superior visibility, tracking and maintenance free driving, ultimately delivering on time and keeping the end user happier, the client
- Better Rates Overall – with all these combined benefits, shippers can deliver with better rates, offering better rates to the consumer
Although some of these technologies have been around for a while, they are just now starting to be used to the best of their ability for the logistics industry in 2016, paving the road for even more advances in efficiency and safety for carriers and consumers.
We just read an awesome article about solar energy specifically for refrigerated trucks. This is a cool new alternative to maintain a green footprint while getting your clients their needs when dealing with temperature controlled environments for long hauls.
|Carrier Transicold Thin Film Flexible Solar Panels are designed to maintain the refrigeration unit